Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bacene

Any Experience with Warming Drawer for Towels?

Beth K
9 years ago

Love GardenWeb and have been stalking for some time.

Building a new home and would like to know if anyone has experience with a Warming Drawer for towels. This drawer seems too good to be true and I only stumbled upon because of wall space issues with a hot towel bar installation. Our design Coordinator has never installed one and the Appliance Guy stated he has only installed a few in the past 10 years, which has me wondering there maybe some issues.

I would like to know if the warming towel drawer works better or equal to a hot towel bar? Pros and Cons, any regrets?

There are some old posts but nothing recent and would appreciate any feedback on anyone's experience on the Dacor warming drawer or any other warming drawer used for towels. I have posted an inspiration picture along with some information on the specific drawer we would like to purchase.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments (10)

• monicakm_gw
    9 years ago

I've never heard of a warming drawer for the bathroom. Wouldn't that be cool (or I guess I should say "hot") :) I have a warming drawer in the kitchen and a few times I've warmed a towel in it for my husband :)

• numbersjunkie
    9 years ago

Wonderful. Something else for me to yearn for. I did consider a towel warmer, but don't really care for the look and figured it would have to be on a timer to start warming before I take my bath/shower. This seems like it might work faster, but not many people have the space.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Is it unsafe to use a common kitchen warming drawer to warm towels in a bathroom? Or is there a difference between them and towel-warming drawers?

• Beth K
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lee676 - Yes it is unsafe to use a common kitchen warming drawer to warm towels. Per my Appliance Guy he stated the towels would catch on fire, as I had requested to experiment with the one in the store therefore my request to heat towels was denied.

However, monicakm states she has warmed towels in her kitchen warming drawer for her husband without burning the house down :) Per my research and discussion with the Appliance Guy a bathroom towel warming drawer is specially designed to heat towels. Dacor is the only one my Appliance guy offers.

This obviously is a luxury item, but I think the price, if it actually works, would be so worth it. But as stated I never heard of it until I did some research, the cost is not cheap around $1300.00, so I don't know if that puts people off or if there are other issues.

If anyone has any feedback would really appreciate. Thanks.

• numbersjunkie
    9 years ago

Gee, I don't know. Seems like everything I want for my master bath remodel is ridiculously expensive. I may just add that to my list (for Santa). LOL.

• maxmillion_gw
    9 years ago

I wish I had known about towel warming drawers! Unfortunately, it's too late for me now.

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

My main concern would be whether or not the drawer could be reached from the shower or tub (whichever is used most frequently). If not, what's the point of having one?

• kats737
    9 years ago

I used the warming drawer of my oven (kenmore elite) to heat towels once. It seemed to be okay. I can see how maybe there is a concern about the hearing element and lint building up. Also my warming drawer can get pretty darned hot, so maybe the towel specific warming drawer doesn't get as hot.

• Renee Haugen
    last year

Wolf advertises that their warming drawer is tested and UL-approved for warming towels. Our appliance salesman today showed us instructions he had for a Dacor warming drawer specifying that towels should be warmed on low or they could be discolored. I wondered if by “discolored” they meant “burned”.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area