Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumbing for kids bathroom

Posted by doreg (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 0:56

This site has been extremely helpful throughout our remodel.

We are redoing the main bathroom. A few questions:

- Faucet: Is a 10" high single hole bathroom faucet too high and will it cause splashing? We have 3 messy boys. The 5" high single hole faucet appears too small for 72" double sink vanity.

-Showe: We want to install a handheld shower on a bar with nothing else. We thought this would help shower at various height. Will I regret this?

Thank you in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumbing for kids bathroom

I don't know on the first question, but number 2 should be just fine. Our master bath shower has a stationary head on one wall and a bar with a handheld on the other and I don't think we've even turned on the stationary head more than three times in the 7 years we've lived in the house. We exclusively use the handheld on the bar. Plus,two of our kids take 98% of their showers in this same shower as well, so it gets moved up and down all the time as you anticipate. No problems at all. Ours is by Moen if that helps.

o
RE: Plumbing for kids bathroom

Thank you. The decision for the shower seems so final and I don't want to regret anything. I definitely want the handheld on bar for kids bath. For master bath, I was going to get a stationary head on 1 side and a handheld without a bar on the other side. Though I learned today that the bar costs only $75 more since I will be purchasing a package. Are plumbing costs higher for handheld on bar? I am on the fence about handheld with or without bar for our shower.

As for the faucet, I decided on a 5" Grohe. The 10" was too big and I anticiapte that it would cause a big mess!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here