Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile backsplash for granite counter--- anyone have pictures?

Posted by stayn2busy (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 0:01

Our master bathroom vanities have Sienna Bordeaux Light granite (white base with gray, brown veining) My dilemma is what to use for the back splash and how high should it go. The fabricator talked me out of the granite back splash, saying most people did tile or stone. I can't find any pictures with bathroom vanities done like this. I've got to decide within the next two days what I'm going to do. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated!! The cabinets are dover white, floor is neutral travertine, walls are SW Silvermist and sinks, tubs are white.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile backsplash for granite counter--- anyone have pictures?

Hello,

Here's a photo of a tile job I did, that I think is similar to what you're thinking of. The tile comes up about 4 feet up the walls, and is full behind the vanity.

o

We did two rows of glass tile with a travertine border on top. In fact it goes around the entire bathroom.
Monica

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile Backsplash

o

I'd do what you want to do.... the fabricator doesn't know the look you are after.

We used a tile in our shower and that's the only place that I wanted it. Used the granite for both the backsplash of the vanity and also for the edging around the undermount tub. In my case, using the tile from the shower would have made the bathroom much busier than I'd have liked.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your beautiful baths. Monica I love your glass tiles, what a gorgeous bathroom. Gbism, I love the granite surround on your tub. I think I've decided to go with carrera marble 3x6 tiles edged with pencil trim. When it's done, I'll try to remember to post some pics on here. Thanks again for taking the time to post some pics!

o

Here's ours...not the best photo...but we used glass tiles (12" x 12" mesh backing) in the shower which you can see to the right, then we cut these in half and ran them along the back of the vanity.

Photobucket

o

Your bathroom sounds very pretty! Please don't forget to post pics when you are done....

I'm doing something similar to Steve... I am using a white 4x4 in a running bond pattern up to about 4 feet all around the room. My vanity is an antique dresser and the top is marble/quartzite (Vermont White) which is grey/white. The tile will extend about 10" above the vanity top.

o

We went up about six inches or so. If you want more pics and can wait until Friday, I can download some model home pics that I have.

Photobucket

o

bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here