Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pussuskattus_gw

Crown moulding in small bathrooms? Yes or no?

pussuskattus
13 years ago

All -

My builder and I walked through my house about a week before the trim carpenter got started, and we agreed that the crown moulding should be a cove moulding and a cradle - making it a two-piece moulding and about 4-5" tall total. It is all paint-grade poplar.

Well, I never thought they would put crown moulding in the little upstairs bathrooms! I assumed we were talking about the living room, bedrooms, dining room, etc, you know, the big rooms.

So I walk in there yesterday and see that the hard-working carpenters have put the two-piece crown moulding in every room in which they can stand upright (except the small closets and the laundry room). Not only that, but they wrapped the crown around into the showers!

My DH wants me to leave it, because I would be tearing out a lot of work, but it looks weird to me, especially since I have never had crown moulding in the bathrooms.

What do you all think? I am fine with crown in the master bath - that is a huge room with a high ceiling. But I have a hard time with big crown moulding in a room that is 5 feet by eight feet.

Votes? Comments? Thanks......

Comments (12)