Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got My Floor In :) Sans Grout

Posted by enduring (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 23:00

High everyone. Good news. At last my floor is set! I have cleaned the stone, put sealer on it, twice.

I still have to clean the thinset out of the grout spaces better, then grout it. I will caulk around the threshold.

The tile is Brazilian black slate that I cut in half from 12x12. I have radiant heating under this.

Here it is:
Photobucket

Space ship's view:
Photobucket

Trust me, I've got some lippage going on:
Photobucket

I will be slowly posting the progress of this extremely slow remodel.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got My Floor In :) Sans Grout

beautiful!! love it!

o

Fantastic! You've done a wonderful job and the floor looks amazing.

o

Thanks Pipdog and Pricklypear, I keep chugging along.

o

It looks great! You do such nice work!!!

o

That floor is beautiful! It has such a rich color to it. And the pattern looks perfect, great job!

o

I'm so impressed with your tiling ability, enduring. It looks fabulous.

o

Thanks so much you guys. I could not have even imagined doing this if it wasn't for all the help and encouragement from you all. This is a great forum, but we all know that don't we!

o

Updating this thread to include at least one picture of the floor without the grout. Someone had wanted to see, and noted the pictures where missing. I don't know what i meant by a "spaceship view" maybe too much wine that night.

photo IMG_2747.jpg

maybe this is the space ship view:
 photo IMG_2741.jpg

o

Wow, that was a year ago?! How long have I been lost in renovationland?

Still looks stunning, one of my favorite floors.

o

Yes and now I'm in the same country you are, with my second bathroom that I swore I wasn't going to do for several years. But I tore it out within the month of finishing this one, with plans drawn up before I finished this 1st one.

Now I take a bath every day in here because the shower, etc on the new one is getting done at a snails pace. But thats how I roll :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here