Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicine Cabinet Options for 30" vanity: What would you pick?

Posted by bathremodelstress (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 22:27

We selected the pictured Strasser vanity in a 30" width for our small bath remodel. We're struggling with last minute decisions about the medicine cabinet.

Strasser offers the following matching medicine cabinet options:
1) 24"W x 27"H surface mount
2) 19"W x 27"H surface mount
3) 20"W x 31"H recessed
4) 15 1/4"W x 31"H recessed

We really wanted to go recessed, but the matching recessed sizes seem awkward (does the 20" x 31" seem too tall?) The best size option seems to be the first one. Is a surface mount medicine cabinet "bulky" in a small bathroom? Should that be avoided?

Another option would be a 20"W x 26"H frameless Kohler. The look we're going for is similar to the bathroom pictured, so wasn't sure if frameless would be too modern, etc. Thoughts on the best option?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicine Cabinet Options for 30" vanity: What would you pick?

Personally, I would opt for the 20"W x 31"H recessed. I prefer recessed medicine cabinets or flat mirrors. I think 20x30 would look fine with a 30" wide vanity. It won't be square like your inspiration picture, but rectangle looks good too. I have two rectangular pivot mirrors in two different bathrooms, one is proportionally narrower than the other and I like both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here