Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_girl_gw

Should I Use Textured Tile in my Master Bath?

cat_girl
9 years ago

I am considering using Arizona Tile Touch Series tile in my master bath. It is a textured, linen look tile with a hint of sparkle. Does anyone have this tile? If so, is it difficult to keep clean because of the texture? Do you have to use a scrub brush or just mop?

Comments (3)

• emma
    9 years ago

By "textured" you mean rough when you run your fingers over it. If you do I would never use anything like that. I have read threads where people are having trouble removing soap scum and mold from smooth areas, I can't imagine how hard it would be with texture. I dry my shower every time I use use it, so I don't have a problem with either. You could not even dry a rough area thoroughly.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

I Googled it and I see it is beautiful (!) porcelain. No problem. In the shower...you can use a daily shower spray like Clean Shower and you will never get a soap/mildew or mineral build-up. It is not recommended for natural stone. You just spray it on all the wet surfaces and leave it. I have moderately hard water here and I have used it for over 15 years. No build up. My previous tile was textured ceramic. No problem with that either.

If you are using it on the floor, I'm sure it would clean up very easily.

You could get a sample and drip some products on it and see how it does.

-Babka

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I would use it instead of a smooth porcelain tile even if it is more work to clean. My large format LVT has a little texture and I slipped a little after putting lotion on my feet. I probably would have fell on my keister if it was my smooth kitchen tile. I doubt you will grind dirt into the crevices, unless you wear really dirty shoes.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz