Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on Rainshower head height

Posted by firsthome (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 22:24

Would like advice as to what is the best height for our rainshower head.

We have 8' ceilings. Our showerhead has 2 7/8" height. I am 5'3" and my husband is 6'

If we use a 6" arm the showerhead will be at about 7.25' (1.25' above my husbands head and 2' above my head).

If we use the 12" arm the showerhead will be at about 6.75' (0.75' above my husband's head and 1.5' above my head)

I had read somehwere that ideally you want a 1' distance from the bottom of the rain shower head to the tallest person using the shower, because if the rain shower head is installed too high it creates a pelting effect which is clearly not the desired effect.

I was looking at the 6" stem but now I am concerned that that will be too high for my height and I will not like how it feels. I tried out a rainshower head (moen velocity) at a hotel and it was installed so that I could touch the rainshower head with the tip of my fingers (to adjust the setting on the rainshowerhead), which would mean a 12" arm on my ceiling, as I wouldn't be able to touch the rainshower with a 6" arm.

But I also don't want my husband to feel like the rainshower head is right above his head.

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on Rainshower head height

I would get the 6" arm, and supplement with a nice handshower on a slide bar. Men tend to use the rain shower, women a shower head or hand shower from the wall. Hand shower is KEY for cleaning as well! I do think 12" is too close....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here