Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long before I grout the wall tiles? Used Redgard.

Posted by alan_s_thefirst (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 22:21

I used Redgard over Easyboard/Wonderboard in my basement bathroom. I'm gathering most people say leave it a week. They're 8" square tiles for the most part, if that makes a difference.

House is heated, no humidifier running right now. +- 20.5C

I left the bathroom fan running. It would be nice if I could grout this Thursday or on the weekend, but I don't know if it's too soon. Started Saturday afternoon, finished Monday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long before I grout the wall tiles? Used Redgard.

It's sort of an unknown. Usually you can grout the next day. But you have RedGard, so you want to wait longer. You have smaller (than 12") tiles, that works in your favor in terms of allowing faster drying.

The more modified your thinset, the longer you'd want to wait; Flexbond longer than Versabond, for example.

If the thinset was mixed wet, longer.

So believe it or not, there's no real definitive answer. If you can let it go to the weekend, that'd be safer.

o
RE: How long before I grout the wall tiles? Used Redgard.

Thanks, I can do that. Kind of what I thought.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here