Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Oh my dear lord, does anyone else have a Sanijet???

Olychick
13 years ago

I posted pics of my completed bath remodel recently, but had never used my new jetted tub before tonight. Maybe because I have no window coverings...or who knows why, but I finally used it for the first time tonight. I had my gc add lots of insulation around it, as I'd read here about probs with water staying warm. So, not only did the water stay nice and warm, but the jets and light therapy were like the most amazing bathing experience I've ever had....just had to share....maybe other tubs are as good, but omigod, I am in heaven!!!

Comments (40)

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, sorry, I was just so pleasantly surprised about my new tub...I'll let this post die.

• MongoCT
    13 years ago

I just saw the thread title now for the first time and thought "Oh gawd, she hates her tub".

Then I thought "drat, because I've installed a few and have recommended them to people on this forum."

Then I read your post! Glad that you like the tub! Whew!

• abundantblessings
    13 years ago

Hi Olychick, congrats on your Sanijet. Maybe others don't have one to comment or have just not checked in, but since I'm about to purchase an air/whirlpool, please tell me more about the strength of the action. I've read about the design of the jets but have never seen the brand. Thanks!

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Abundantblessings, unfortunately I don't have anything to compare it to strength wise. But I was really pleasantly surprised because I was nervous that it might be more bubble action than whirlpool, but it's not. It wasn't muscle/spine numbing strong, but very pleasantly massaging action against lower back, feet and legs, where all the jets are located. And I love that you can take the jets out and put them into the dishwasher to clean, if necessary. No standing water in pipes, etc. Their literature says Sanijet is used in hospitals for physical therapy (the bigger units). Hope this helps.

• lyvia
    13 years ago

So glad you posted. I also chose sanijet, based on something from this forum (easy clean!). The 710 looks pretty, with a small footprint and soaker depth. But I won't get to see it/sit in it before install, and there is precious little out there from users.

Great to hear! Thanks!

• gbsim1
    13 years ago

Oly,
    I didn't see this until yesterday and am so glad you posted. I just spent some time on the Sanijet website and this is the first time I've heard of them.

How did you choose the model that you went with? I was thinking of going with a Bain AirBath, but after watching their videos, now I'm not so sure.

Can anyone compare the airbath strength with the Sanijet?

Shame on you Oly.... now I'm off to search the Gardenweb archives instead of heading to bed!

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

gbsim, maybe Mongoct will see this and can give you some feedback as he appears to have familiarity with sanijet - so hopefully he knows Bain, too. The thing about sanijet is it isn't just airbubbles, it actually moves the water thru the jets like a whirlpool.

I was originally going to get the deeper soaking tub style, 710 I think, but then realized it would be too hard to get in and out of and I wanted integrated grab bars, so mine has those.

Hope this helps.

• astridh
    13 years ago

Hi olychick, can you tell us which Sanijet tub you picked?

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is this one, with grab bars added:

http://www.sanijet.com/pdp28c66d.aspx

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Sanijet model

• astridh
    13 years ago

Thanks! I asked on the other thread, too, but I suppose it is more appropriate here. I like to read in the tub. Is this model good for reading, even though there are no armrests? Otherwise, it sounds perfect. I am looking for some water movement to help with lower back pain, but I don't want the hygiene issues (black gunk) of the jacuzzi. And I really like the fact that the sanijet is quieter than a whirlpool or airbath (at least, according to their website). Do you think that the 60" length is long enough? I am 5' 7".

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Astridh, I am not a tub reader as i can never, ever figure out how to keep my wet hands off my book! It seems a 5' tub would be plenty large; I am 5'5 and am able to stretch out fully with no problems, but again, I might not use a tub like you do. You might want to go to a showroom for other brands and sit in one to make sure it's large enough. This model has some armrests; I didn't want them because I wanted the more "roomy" bfb (big fat butt) space of the model I selected.

Here is a link that might be useful: sanijet with armrests

• astridh
    13 years ago

lyvia, are you still out there? How did you like your Sanijet once it was installed?

• monicakm_gw
    13 years ago

olychick, I LOVE how elated you are with your Sanijet and chromatherapy! I chose a Bain Ultra (with chromatherapy))and feel the same way you do! Sometimes I'll get in the tub and think, oh I don't have time for that tonight. But just the thought of how relaxing and soothing it is makes me find the time! (lol) I've had my tub for just over 3 years and bet I can count on one hand how many times I haven't used the air jets!
    Monica

• lyvia
    13 years ago

Hi - I still visit occasionally! but I won't have my tub for awhile - signatures this month, permits in March, digging and pouring in April, and chaos/upheaval indoors planned for June and July. Maybe next winter I will be soaking in my warm tub. It gives me lots of time to collect the rose petals.

• demitrio_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I just ordered a Sanijet tub too. I've actually been to their one and only showroom - in Dallas, in an industrial park near the airport (fortuitously, I was in Dallas on a business trip). I climbed into a few tubs (the Model 710 was too angular and deep for me; I ended up choosing the Model 320) and evaluated the noise and the jet strength firsthand. They have one of their own tubs set up alongside a whirlpool tub and an airtub, with water in them; the others are really a lot louder. They even showed me how to take the jets off for cleaning.

Their customer service is extremely sweet; they actually remembered me when I finally called to make my order 6 months later.

• Olychick
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Suzanne, I am so glad you posted. People always ask how Sanijet compares with other tubs and I just don't know because I never was able to compare them, I just took a chance that it was a good choice. Now, someone has actually seen them side by side with other brands/types, I think it will be really helpful information to have here.

• blondie859111
    12 years ago

I would love to have any updates on yoru SaniJet tubs! Planning on a purchase in the next 6 months, and look forward to hearing how things are going.
    Thank you!

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I still love mine. Hope some others who said they purchased them will chime in here, too.

• Hummingbird318
    12 years ago

Does any one have the Sanijet Cierra tub. The look is perfect for master bath remodel Wondering how comfortable it is with it being straight on the bottom third of the tub then sloping back. If anyone has this tub I would love your feedback

• RhondaThurston
    12 years ago

Hummingbird: did you buy one? Im about to order one and am hoping Im making the right decision

• tdechill
    12 years ago

I installed my Sanijet in August 2003. A long time user. In the 8 1/2 years it's been in use, it has been a wonderful tub. Easy to clean, quiet and stays hot. There's just one problem: eventually the seals around the motor shafts start to leak and then the drip pan overflows and you have flooding somewhere. With me, luckily, it's in the basement. Mine is on the first floor, thank God. To replace a motor is $212 including shipping. I've replaced two so far and another one started leaking last night.

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

tdechill, thanks for the heads up about that. Mine is second floor, so it will be a problem for sure if it happens to mine. Maybe in the 8 years since you got yours they've fixed the problem? I can hope.

• Hummingbird318
    11 years ago

Rhonda, We put a deposit on the Cierra tub, but it has not gone in to production yet due to building issues. Did you purchase a Cierra tub? If so please let me know how you like it. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but haven't used this site in awhile.

• tdechill
    11 years ago

Follow-up to my posting of 2/14/12: When the third motor seal started leaking back in Feb., I decided to replace the last two motors so I didn't have to deal with the water again. Since then, no problems. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I love our Sanijet. But when you spend $2300 on a tub , you don't want to spend another $800 replacing parts. I would still recommend a Sanijet.

• miruca
    11 years ago

...DEAR LORD IS RIGHT! I nearly gagged reading jacuzzi threads ... I'm not sure I would ever relax in one again! Think I'll do some exploring of the Sanijet.

• FroggyMom
    11 years ago

I have had my Sanijet for 4 years, and really can't say enough about how wonderful it is. Mine is a 6' long tub with 6 jets. I love it, my kids love it...... it was a thank you gift from my husband, for suppoting him through pharmacy school. We had it shipped to our builder before our house was built. His plumber and electrician were amazed. They showed it off to their friends during the build, lol.

I hate jaccuzzi tubs, due to being obsessive-compulsive about germs and mold. Before we decided to build, my hubs and I had an understanding that any house with a jetted tub would be crossed off the list, unless we could tear out and replace the tub with a non-jetted version before moving in. Then my sister heard about Sanijet and gave me a call. :) She has one now, as well. Other family beg to use it when they come visit, and have it on their dream home wish list.

• miruca
    10 years ago

Tidechll or anyone else - how do you find out whether there is a leak? Ours would be on the 2nd floor.

• ruthie51
    10 years ago

miruca, we had a leak in our 2nd floor jacuzzi tub in our last house. We actually hardly ever used it...I never did, my husband used it less than 5 times in 12 years. Anyway, a few days after DH used it, we noticed water stains on the ceiling around the dining room light fixture. We put 2+2 together and figured it was from the jacuzzi since it had recently been used. The plumber had to cut a hole in a BR wall adjacent to the jacuzzi fixtures to find the leak. We ended up keeping the hole open and just placed a vent cover over it since it was in a closet. If your 2nd floor jacuzzi leaks, it won't take long to see evidence of it on your first floor, at least that was our experience.

• tdechill
    10 years ago

Sorry for not responding sooner, I don't visit this site that often. With a Sanijet, you would just remove a side panel which is held on with velcro and see if there is water in the drip pan.

• Olychick
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmm, my Sanijet has no side panels. There is really no way to check for leaks unless you can tell if one of the jets is leaking by removing each one. Each of the jets comes out separately for cleaning or repair.

• tdechill
    10 years ago

I guess it depends on the installation. I installed mine as a standard 3 sided/walled tub. So it came with a tub skirt that is removable.

• Olychick
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ah, that explains it. Mine is a drop in.

• Lars
    10 years ago

For some reason, I thought a Sanijet was a bidet. I do not have one, but we have a Bengal Hot Tub from Tiger River, and did have a leak problem with it after a couple of years, but it was under warranty and got fixed for free.

I've thought about putting a jetted tub in my bathroom, but it would probably mean losing my linen closet, and so I'll have to be content with the jets we have outdoors.

Congratulations on your Sanijet, however! It sounds really nice, and I'm happy that you are enjoying it.

Lars

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Olychick - are you still liking your Sanijet? Can you describe how strong the jets are? I visited a local hotel and just stuck my hand in the water and it seemed very weak. Maybe it would be different if I were actually taking a bath.

Thanks!

• Olychick
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, i find them quite powerful, but not strong enough to hurt if you put your skin right up next to one. I love putting my feet against them and getting a great foot massage.

For the strength of the jets, I have nothing to compare it with, though. I do LOVE it!

• drose164469
    7 years ago

We have had our Sanijet for about 8 years. Operationally, we love it. The jets are perfect in terms of pressure and water movement; the underwater light is super cool. That's what draws the grand-kids, who are that only ones that use it (a couple visits per year) . While we have no leaks, we have had to replace several motors (5 as I remember); they just stop working. And as the other folks said; for a $3,700 tub, you shouldn't have to keep pouring money into it. The argument that we keep having with the tech people is over "why". By now I'm certain that there is a design flaw somewhere in the system; but tech support says we're not using it enough. An extraordinary claim for electric motors, in my experience. Anyway, they tested the control panel and blessed it as being OK; so now we're going to turn it on every couple weeks, for no other purpose that to remove that argument. Hope this works!

• olychick
    7 years ago

Interesting. I've wondered about lack of use being a problem. Do you know if the motors can be turned on without harm when the tub is empty?

• drose164469
    7 years ago

Their tech has had me do so while testing a motor; don't know about a longer and more frequent run for the purpose of keeping the system "warmed up". I'll have to ask.

• olychick
    7 years ago

Thanks. I'll check too

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm