Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are all black hex porcelain tiles created equally?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 22:12

I was about to order black marble hex tiles for my master shower floor redo (long, annoying story), but I'm hesitant because of the porosity of marble. So, I'm hoping I can live with black porcelain hex tiles because they are more sensible....I think. But, there are many online and I'm not sure which brand is of superior quality and appearance. Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are all black hex porcelain tiles created equally?

We chose the noir hex travertine from The Tile Shop. I had the black porcelains home from several different manufacturers and they all looked cheap to me. Don't know if the quality differed much; look similar generic porcelain. Prices ranged from $5-$12.50 a SF.
The price ended up being within a couple dollars a SF.
We do not have them installed yet but will seal and seal.
We currently have HD's cheapo whit marble 12X12 in our bathroom. unsealed and it's still bullet proof. Even have it in the laundry with a catbox... it's been fine so I guess the black travertine hex's will be fine also.

o

You're going to deal porcelain tile? Is that typical?

o

Sorry, meant "seal" the tile. Darn iphone autocorrect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here