Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty non-comfort height toilets?

Posted by kali2024 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 21:43

Argh!! Every toilet seems to be comfort height and elongated, both of which I strongly dislike. Did anyone recently purchase a toilet that they like that resembles the kolher Memoirs, that is normal- round and non comfort height? Thank you

ps. oh and where did you purchase it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty non-comfort height toilets?

The Kohler Memoirs line used to be available in the round front standard height until recently. My mom has one in her powder room. I bet you can still find one if you look around, then you won't have to settle.

Hope this helps!

o

Hi! I did I'm desperate here.. Every site I go to is discontinued. Argh! What is with this new trend? I know that 95% of the population in this country does not need an ADA compliant toilet!!! I guess I'll end up getting a boring old typical toilet. What a bummer!

o

Sorry, I have no good recommendations for you on what to get, but just want to say that, whatever you do, stick to your guns about NOT getting the "comfort Height". We did -- in a kids bathroom no less -- and I regret that decision every time the kids sit on the pot! If we have to replace any other toilet, we definitely will stick to the good ol' fashioned height....

o

Wow! I just did some searches and you are right - all the "pretty" toilets are comfort height. This one Kohler is available in round and "short"

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Wellworth-two-piece-round-front-1.6-gpf-toilet/productDetail/Toilets/427996.htm?categoryId=429984&skuId=408629&hash=id%3Dfilters%26color-filter%3D101804_0%26112%3D4294966976%26startIndex%3D40%26scrollTop%3D1672

Are anywhere near Chicago? There is a local company called Gerber and they have a pretty (although elongated) toilet that's regular height called Logan Square - http://www.gerberonline.com/item.aspx?itemid=292#featuretab

o

Thanks mammaattorney! I never heard of gerber..unfortunately I'm in NJ. I thinkI'm going to end up with the wellworth...not thrilled since I REALLY wanted the memoirs. you know it seems everything I fall in love is either out of stock,discontinued, or not in the configurations that I need. : (

o

I just saw this post and I don't know if it's too late for you, but you can get a Kohler Memoirs regular height, round bowl for $269.87 from faucetdirect.com. It is the K-3933. The only possible problem with it is that it has a 1.28 gallon flush but the flush valve is large, 3- 1/4" . Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here