Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grifform Corian Shower Pan? Need input, please

Posted by Ranton (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 21:43

Has anyone used a Grifform Corian shower pan? It looks as if foam is used under the formed Corian for support. Looking for input on durability and price. Additional comments concerning using Corian shower pan and tile for the walls...would you do it again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grifform Corian Shower Pan? Need input, please

Grifform has been around for many years and has won awards. That doesn't happen for fly-by-nighters.

I built a custom solid surface shower pan and walls for my last house and guarantee it will outperform ANY stone, tile, or estone shower anywhere ever and look great doing it.

o
RE: Grifform Corian Shower Pan? Need input, please

Thaks for your reply. I really think a Corian pan is the way to go, and if I have my way...side-walls too; I am repairing a major fiberglass disaster. I am so over possible future leaking! My options for a solid surface pan purchased locally are very limited. There is only one local fabricator and I found his design very awkward looking especially the threshold. I want a possible alternative to see if his quote is totally out of line or reasonable. I also like the cleaner-looking, simple design option of the Grifform pans. The local fabricator said he uses dowels cut in half for support...I assume to help create the slope; it looks as if Grifform uses foam. That is why I am looking for feedback about Grifform pans.

I will get my solid surface pan, but it will probably mean my husband gets his tiled walls!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here