Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Space Guidelines

Posted by lodalady (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 21:37

What site provides space requirements for bathroom features. For instance, how much room should we allow for two adults to move around in front of a double vanity?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Space Guidelines

I have found this helpful

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath dimensions

o

Great! Thank you. I have bookmarked that page.
Can anyone who has experienced too little or too much space for two people in front of a double vanity comment?

o

A jab to the ribs always works for me in those tight spaces ;)

That is a very useful link and have referred to it often.

o

A 60" vanity is considered minimum for two sinks. This doesn't give a lot of counterspace. 66" or 72" would probably be preferable for two adults . As for aisle, across from a tub will require slightly less because you have some clearance over the rim of the tub, whereas a shower door or wall extends over arm/should height. if you know what I mean.

o

The recommendation for in front of a sink at the above site is 30" which does not sound like enough space for two people to move around. But then, how much space is too much? We are converting a bedroom into a closet and bath. I don't want to give up a bedroom and then feel cramped in a new bathroom. If we can't create a comfortable space, the deals off. How big is your bathroom, and is it comfortable?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here