Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Handheld shower help

Posted by lindalp (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 20:56

In the planning stages of a DIY master bathroom redo. Putting in a shower/tub and contemplating which handheld shower to buy. I know nothing about handheld showers, but from what I've read here, it sounds like something I would be happy with...especially for cleaning the tub. Would LOVE some recommendations from anyone who has a particular "unit" they are happy with or know about( brand and model ), or plan to purchase. This will be the only shower head we will be installing in our tub/shower.
TIA for any help you can give me!
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Handheld shower help

We have a Grohe hand held on a 24" slide bar. It is our only shower head. Our 4" wide model has 3 settings, but you can get ones with more and also larger heads. You can slide it up as high as you wish and also pull it forward or push it back while it is on the bar to have it spray right where you want it. Then you can also easily take it off the bracket to spray those special places...

Some showrooms have wet demos set up so you can see the pattern sprays.

We are very happy with it.

-Babka

o

We also have a Grohe, the Grohe Relaxa Top4.

Good shower head, I installed it maybe 10 years ago. No leaks, no clogged nozzles, no complaints.

o

On this forum (and we're all researchers!) Grohe and Hansgrohe get high marks for both regular and handheld showers.

FWIW, I'm not at all happy with my 1-yr old Kohler Memoirs handheld. Love the new Hansgrohe, though.

o

Aren't all these shower heads interchangeable? I assumed that they all could be screwed on to the hose thingie.

-Babka

o

"Aren't all these shower heads interchangeable? I assumed that they all could be screwed on to the hose thingie."

Some heads can only clip on to certain hoses, but all hoses have a universal 1/2" threading to attach to the wall outlet. For example, if you wanted to change a Grohe handheld for a Speakman handheld, you might need to change hoses too.

o

I have a low-end Hansgrohe Chroma 100 Vario with a wall bar and I am very happy with it.

It was really cheap and is well made and nice to use.

Lately I have noticed that many hotels I happen to visit installed that very same unit.

My parents put high-end Hansgrohe in their house and their handhelds perform in the same way (but their look is way nicer and they use heavier materials.)

If budget allows, you might want to have a look at showerhead/handheld combos to get the best of both worlds (example in the link below.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hansgrohe Showerpipe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here