Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
razamatazzy

antique bronze, orb, or mixed?

razamatazzy
9 years ago

I need to make some decisions on my guest bath remodel.

Its a small bath with single vanity and shower tub combo.

I am liking the dark materials used together for a dramatic look.

So dark wood vanity
Maybe granite like rainforest
I like this houzz photo

These are the materials I am considering

these sconces

For the fixtures I like antique bronze.

But I am wondering if I should mix the metals and use the antique bronze in conjunction with ORB?

Would using antique bronze for all fixtures (sink, vanity towel holder, tp holder, towel bars, shower head, valve cover, tub spout and drain) be too matchy matchy?

Or would keeping the vanity area (faucet, vanity towel holder) as antique bronze, and the rest as ORB be better?

Comments (3)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

Below is a link that someone put in last week on the Home Dec forum, when someone was asking how to mix metals in her dining room.

Here is a link that might be useful: HOW TO MIX METALS - THE BATHROOM

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

Hi my3dogs and raz,

I was the one that posted that article in the home decorating forum. I find if very helpful. Raz, I do think your plan may not be in keeping with the advice in the article. For example the author states: " If you have chosen a satin or aged finish then go with a polished - mix finishes as well as metals". So in other words, both your antique bronze and oil rubbed bronze are both satin finishes. Having said that, I am sure if you research other articles on mixing metals you will find some who give very different advice than what was in the linked article. .

If you want to follow the advice from the linked article you could consider using a shiny faucet or a shiny fixture to match with one of your satin finishes? In other words, consider pairing the oil rubbed bronze sconce with a polished nickel faucet (or the aged bronze faucet with a shiny sconce).

Carol

• razamatazzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks OntarioMom for the info. Yes I agree, it is not what they suggest. Maybe mixing is not a good idea. I can't see using three metals in such a small room.

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!