Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raindance S 240 Showerpipe

Posted by teckelhound (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 20:13

We are getting ready to remodel our 25 yo tiny bathroom, and will have to retain the neoangle shower configuration in the corner. We saw the Hansgrohe Raindance Showerpipe set up in a local showroom. It looks great and seems to offer the flexibility to easily switch from the rain shower--which we have never used before--to a handheld on a sliding pole. Members of this forum seem to only have positive comments on its function.

We are doing this remodel with emphasis on planning for the future, ie aging in place features such as curb-less entry and blocking for grab rails. It occured to us today as we were fiddling with the showroom display that the Showerpipe is one of the few units that has cylinder shaped dials, instead of following the trend of using a lever, to control water flow. It is not difficult to turn for us now, but any one with arthritis/weakness of fingers might have trouble perhaps. Not only do you have to turn the round pipe to increase/decrease flow, but simultaneously depress a button if you also want to change the water temperature.

So my question is this......who among you with this set has ever had an elderly person or one with "grip issues" use your shower and offer their opinion? Perhaps the one on display is not set up to mimic real use conditions. Does anyone know if the tension on the dials can be adjusted so it is easier to turn the dials?

Maybe this is a non-issue. But this particular shower is not really capable of having interchangeable parts. If for some reason it did not work out, it seems it would be a big deal to then have to open up a tiled wall and put in more plumbing for a more traditional shower head set up. The showerpipe only requires two holes in the wall at a relatively low spot on the wall.

All comments would be helpful and appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raindance S 240 Showerpipe

Also be aware that the handle fuctions can't be switched. I was looking at the showerpipe too but the on/off handle is on the right looking at the unit. Entry to my shower is from the left, so I'd have to always be reaching around to turn on volume.

o

I can see that having the on/off dial on the far side of center could be a deal-breaker with this particular model. It would require a very awkward twist of the wrist to reach in to turn on the shower, and also not get wet, with this set up. I guess it was designed with right - handed dominant people in mind?

o

I'm right handed, even then it's a longer reach. And because its a testing movement, it was awkward. It would have been ok if the shower entry was from the right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here