Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Renovating Small bathroom

Posted by gabelman (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 19:22

I am renovating this small bathroom. I was wondering if anyone had ideas how I can make this bathroom appear to be larger? (The toilet ia to the left of the towel rack facing towards the sink.) To give you an idea how small the room is, this picture was taken at the door of the bathroom

I purchased a small wall mount sink 17 x 8(Deep) (Whitehaus 103R). The bottom is exposed and I'm looking for a decorative p-trap.

Someone also mentioned that I should remove the baseboard heating and put a towel rail. Would a towel rail be sufficient to keep the room warm?
Would love everyone's input. Any assistance in decorating would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Renovating Small bathroom

This is the bathroom.

o

What size is the room?

o

How big of a remodel are you doing? Are you gutting it and putting in all new stuff or are you keeping somethings?

For general advice and images on small bathrooms I suggest checking out the better homes and gardens website and houzz.

o

I agree, we need to know the extent of remodel planned.
If major, buy all new fixtures, and down to the studs, then I would suggest a wall mounted toilet. Besides being easy to clean underneath, they are more narrow in depth.

I would also suggest radiant floor heating if this is major remodel. Not sure about your geography. If you are in Michigan, Minnesota, Canada, etc. you definitely will still need major heating besides the radiant.

More info please.

o

Radiant floor heat may be sufficient, I'm (fairly) sure that a towel rack would not be.

Other tips for small bathrooms - keep the lines simple, i.e. nothing too busy, use glass doors/walls for the shower. Wall mounted toilet (or a shorter toilet), a wall hung sink or pedestal sink, etc.

Faucetsdirect sells decorative p-traps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here