Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Redo Shower Curb, possible?

Posted by LSDchic (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 18:56

I want my contractor to remove shower curb against the floor outside the shower. Those give me extra 2" inside the shower.

Can it be done at all? What should I do?????

He said it can be done, but I will risk having more holes.

The worker said he needs those space for durock and tile.
But I don't understand why tile cannot be installed over the floor tile.

I am also not happy that the rubber membrane not totally cover the curb.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Redo Shower Curb, possible?

The time to determine curb placement was when the drawings were being done. So you move the curb, you're going to have to move the wall also to gain anything. I wouldn't worry about the membrane, but then I'd use a solid surface cap, not tile, anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here