Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainhead Shower pipe- recommendations? Where to buy?

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 18:48

I am doing a reno of the family bathroom. I have a tub/shower combo. I want to do a nice rainhead and hand shower combo. Any brand recommendations? Cost? where to buy?? Are you happy with your purchase? Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainhead Shower pipe- recommendations? Where to buy?

We went with the American Standard 1660.683.002 rain showerhead, and the Hansgrohe Axor Starck handshower (the one that looks like a microphone). We're thrilled with the rainshower. The hand shower is fantastic too, but if I were doing it again I would have chosen the single-function rather than the double-function version - the second function (water spurting out of the top) is kind of pointless, and it's too difficult to twist the slippery top with soapy hands and change from one function to the other. We just leave it on the main function all the time.

Pictures, and my musings on shower plumbing, here:
http://suzanne10023.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-showers.html

(We went with the Hansgrohe three-way valve and Metris trim, btw. We love the simplicity of the valve, though we had to take the water restrictor out of the hand shower so that it would get its fair share of pressure.)

Here is a link that might be useful: pictures

o

Thank you so much. Is your rainhead mounted on the wall or is it on the shower pipe?? Does the rainhead have enough water pressure or is it too gentle to get shampoo out of thick hair?? Where did you buy from? Thx for all the info.

o

It's on a long arm (20") coming out of the wall, with a support to the ceiling that keeps it from vibrating.

We talked to our contractor about having it come from the ceiling, and I'm not totally sure why that didn't work out. I think it had to do with where the joists and other pipes were. But this is good - it's very high up, nearly on the ceiling anyway; and if we ever got sick of the rainshower, it would be easier to switch to a conventional arm and head.

The pressure is fine- and the handshower helps for rinsing hair (but then I have long thick hair).

Our arm is the Rohl 1120APC 20-Inch Bossini Shower Arm - it was the longest & cheapest we could find. (But if you're interested in a 15" arm instead, please contact me - I bought that first, and then someone threw out the box by mistake, so I can't return it.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here