Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master bath plans- please advise!!!

Posted by bkpinkha (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 18:29

Here are our plans for the master bath in the home we are building. I plan to switch the bathtub and the toilet room to have the toilet room at the far end of the bathroom and the tub immediately to the left as you walk in the door. Also plan on putting a window up high in the shower.
Is this the best layout?
My goal was a huge shower, at least room for a 12 ft vanity, a pedestal tub with a wall for shelves, and a separate toilet room. And also a window for some natural light.
THanks!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master bath plans- please advise!!!

I think I'd keep the toilet room where it is. It already has privacy with its own door. Why make it farther to walk to? If soaking in the tub, would be nice to have it feel more cozy back in the corner.

Looks like maybe there's a pocket door entry to the bath from the master bedroom. Not sure I'm reading this right. I wouldn't want that. A regular door can be left partially open and still provide some privacy or block light if someone is sleeping in the bedroom.

My first take on the door swing for the shower was that I would reverse it, but then the more I thought about it, like that things could be set on vanity for easy retrieval.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here