Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not done yet, a few pics . . .

Posted by rjr220 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 18:26

Going on week 6 of the third BR reno since mid April. I am over renovations, but keep reminding myself that I have a roof over my head, jobs that allow us to do this, a hot meal daily and indoor plumbing! This is a redo of our Master Bath and Closet. Converted a hall and linen closet into our master closet, old small closets were merged with old bathroom space to just about double the bath.

We are on a slab and wanted to maximize space and minimize costs, so kept commode, one vanity and shower in same locations; and added another vanity. We are waiting on the glass for frameless shower to be installed (next week). Granite was templated yesterday (a really wild and busy kashmir gold) and it is scheduled to be installed on November 1.

Old BR: standing in the door looking into shower
Old shower photo 20130902_133117.jpg

Old BR: standing in shower looking towards door.

photo 20130902_133147.jpg

Old master closets (yes, one for me and one for him)
 photo 20130902_133310.jpg

NEW BR:

Looking in towards new shower:

photo 20131016_073435.jpg

New vanity in previous closet space

photo 20131016_073459.jpg

New vanity in previous old vanity space (window will have bahama shutters installed in about 6 weeks)

photo 20131016_073517.jpg

Another shower pic
 photo 20131016_073606.jpg

And floor tile:
 photo 20131016_073802.jpg

Ah, just posting these makes it seem bearable to wait two more weeks to live a little more normal life. Repeat mantra: I have a home, a job, a roof that doesn't leak or a serious illness. Life is good. : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not done yet, a few pics . . .

Love it! I love the "rumba strips" that you have going on in the shower. I don't know if there is such a thing as "rumba strips" but I am posting a link that I found on the dance. It sort of looks like your shower :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rumba

o

You're almost there! I love the tile and those cute vanity lights. Are they Hudson Valley? I saw some on their site that look a lot like that. Love them. Nice job!

And I love the rumba video. Now I think I know where the "tweark" came from.

o

great progress!

o

It looks fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration. We start our master bath remodel on Monday. I tell myself the same things to get through the unpleasant parts. Just think, next year at this time, while you are enjoying your great bathroom this will all be a memory.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here