Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jc710

Bathroom Vanity without Backsplash?

jc710
14 years ago

Hello,

We are remodeling our powder room and found a vanity that we love. The only problem is that is does not have a backsplash and this scares us. If we caulk behind the sink, could we get away with a sink like this? Any ideas or recommendations?

Any help, experience, or ideas are very welcomed. Also if anyone has remodeled there bathroom with a similar vanity, pictures would be very welcomed.

Thanks so much.

Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)

• sjblick
    14 years ago

I am living that way right now but not by choice! We are having a tile order problem and so we have been using our vanity without a backsplash for about 6 weeks. I would not recommend it. Even being careful, I can see where we have splashed water on the wall. Even though a powder room won't get as much wear and tear - I would put some tile behind it. Pretty vanity, though.

• jjaazzy
    14 years ago

I am planing on tiling from behind the vanity to the ceiling including the sidewall and I am going to skip the back splash. I am designing very contemporary MB and like the clean look. I got a email from costco today and they showed a really nice similar set up to what you showed and it seemed like a really good deal, check it out.

• jc710
    Original Author
    14 years ago

jjaazzy, do you have the item number of the sink at costco?

Also sjblick, since you are not living that way by choice, did you paint the wall right behind the sink and caulk and and all or is everything on hold until you tile? I thought about tiling but do not want to tile the whole wall. Has anyone installed a tile backsplash? If so, do you have any pictures? I am a little nervous of how that will look.

Thanks.

• sjblick
    14 years ago

jc710 - we did paint and caulk and my contractor hung the mirror temporarily so we could use the vanity. I'm getting ready to post a seperate thread about my tile saga which had a happy ending just today! I am just doing one row of 4X4 glass tiles, then the mirror. I might be able to post pictures in a couple of days!

• jc710
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok great pictures of that would be very helpful I think... Thanks sjblick.

• weedyacres
    14 years ago

I tiled a backsplash in one of our bathrooms. It was a very simple project.

• jjaazzy
    14 years ago

jc710 Thank goodness I was able to find the add they sent me via e-mail cause I was not finding it doing any kind of search. So here ya go #423685 499.99 after 250.00 off Includes a granite top, bowl, espresso vanity and chrome drawer pull. It's very nice. Oh the sale ends the 18th!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Our sinktop didn't come with a bs. We used the same border tile that we'd used in the shower (opted not to do the return/wall).

• wrighthouse
    14 years ago

I don't have a backsplash in my guest bath. It doesn't get much use--at least it didn't until I had to tear up the master bath a few months ago. The vanity top with integrated sink has a half-inch lip along the back and we used a nice semi-gloss on the wall. We've had it for nearly five years now and it is holding up fine.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

catmom, what sink is that? Love the wide sides. Very pretty altogether :)

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

flyleft, thanks! The sink is from Sonia, in the 31.5" (?) size. We had the vanity built by a local guy, a slightly adapted version of a Sonia vanity. We liked the look of the sink so much, that we ordered two more of them in the 24" width (length) for our upstairs bathrooms. Sonia also makes the sink in a 39" version.

FYI, if anyone plans on ordering one, make sure you specify one with overflow holes (if that's important to you).

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

Thanks, cat mom. And point noticed about overflow holes. Love that paint color too. Really a nice room.

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Thank you again! We're very happy with the way it turned out.

(The paint's BM Aura, matte finish in Pensive).

• Janet Maher
    3 years ago

It looks like your sink has a brushed nickel drain. Did it come with the sink?

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!