Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with ensuite layout

Posted by vitaminjd (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 17:30

We are in the process of trying to finalize the plans for a new build that will start within the next couple of weeks. I'm having a difficult time with the current ensuite layout. I'm just not loving the way the toilet is crammed into the corner between the wall and the shower. Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice?

A little about the measurements... The draftsman measures from the outside of the exterior walls and to the middles of the exterior walls (not really sure why). So the 8'6" measurement is more like 7'10" and the 6'0" is more like 5'8".

Notes: The wall with the door is in the master bedroom and we do have the option of moving the bathroom door anywhere along that wall and/or using a pocket door. We also like the idea of having a full size shower (60x34) at the end of the room if that's possible. The small window that is currently above the toilet can stay, move or go if necessary. We don't need a large vanity but we definitely don't want to have to go down to a pedetsal sink.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with ensuite layout

I'm certainly no expert, and it's hard to say without exact measurements, but what about putting the full shower in, make the window a transom window in the shower with glass doors (someone here very recently did this and it looks fantastic! And it's above where most of the water is), then move the door next to the shower, then the toilet on the other side of the door. Not sure if that would then require a pocket door, or a slightly smaller door, or not. Might also want to keep the same vanity, but with the sink offset to the shower side so you aren't always working right in front of the toilet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here