Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting bedroom to master bathroom closet plan. Suggestions?

Posted by jjlynch723 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 16:05

I am looking at converting 1 of my 3 bedrooms on the ground level to a master bathroom.

My house currently has 3 bedrooms upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs. 1 bathroom up stairs and 1 bathroom downstairs.

This led me to the idea of converting one of my small 10'-10' bedrooms to a master bathroom. In the end I would have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house.

This sounds more appealing than a 5 bed 2 bath house don't you think?

I have laid out an initial plan, and could not figure out a way out to add a tub into the mix without greatly reducing my master closet space. Any ideas on how I can incorporate it in?

The reason the tub was last on my list of things to add is because I have a 6' whirlpool tub in the bathroom downstairs. So if I cant squeeze it in, no big deal.

I am looking for suggestions or tips on things to include in my plan.

Thanks

This post was edited by jjlynch723 on Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 0:15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting bedroom to master bathroom closet plan. Suggestion

I don't see how a tub would fit too, short of putting it where the dresser is. I don't think you'd want to bathe in the closet though :-)

I would suggest not having the only shower entrance via the WC. What if you switched the shower and WC, and had them both open into the bathroom, but keep the second door by the toilet to open into the bedroom? Then you could slip in to, uh, you know, then go out the other door to access the sink, then back to bed.

Looks very nice, I bet you will love it!

o
RE: Converting bedroom to master bathroom closet plan. Suggestion

Interesting idea with 2 doors into the WC. Ill have to think that one over. I was kind of starting to think towards giving both their own door for sure though (The shower and WC). I will probably end up going that way so if one in use, the other is still useable.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here