Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going to my happy place

Posted by BergiesGirl (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 16:01

I want to forget about contractors, unwilling DIY SO's and budgets. I just want to hang out with faucets, tile and showerheads. Wow, I just got back to a good place just typing that.

Before we bought our house, I would definitely say my style leaned contemporary, but our ranch really wants to be a cottage and I am listening...to a point. I have purchased the RH Logan vanity, PB Langford sink faucet and the Danze Opulence tub faucet. The sink faucets are vintage pewter and the tub faucet is polished nickel. I know mixing finishes is faux paux, but I really like it, plan on doing glass hardware on our built in cabinets and polished nickel hooks and shower heads. If anyone knows who carries showerheads, handhelds in polished nickel, please tell me I cannot find it.

The magazine rack and TP holder will be antique pewter and it has a full wall seperating it from bath and shower.

I am looking for a honed calcatta porcelain tile. I adore the one the one elphaba used from Floor & Decor and am leaning towards it. Do you think this mixture works, or any suggestions for different tile?

photo LoganDoubleVanity_zpsaa2f09c7.jpg

photo f83d9ca2-4e72-4502-be24-9a45efeaa6e6_zps8f101663.jpg

photo FDCalcataGold_zps191f1e5a.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going to my happy place

Works for me! I think your choices are very nice. And you can definitely mix in some modern touches with other styIes. As long as you like it, it's all good.

I wish tiles were in my happy place. But not so much. I want to give them all a good home.

o
RE: Going to my happy place

Well I have two pieces of tile in the bathroom, neither one the honed calcata I saw in the store display. Seeming every morning I change my mind which one I like more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here