Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do with blank slate?

Posted by terri0826 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 15:26

We are about to start a gut reno and additions on our house. This portion is new addition and it will be a 2nd master bedroom and my bathroom. At this point about all I know about layout is:
room is 14x17
tub will be in the top right corner as there will be windows on both walls to take in the great views

Here are thoughts:
might move the closet door to the bathroom instead of from bedroom. That's how we have it now and it doesn't bother me like it does DH.
Tub will be either a soaking or air tub, still thinking on that one
I want a place to sit and do my hair and makeup
lots of drawers

Toilet will probably go into a closet since we are doing our main bathroom that way

This will be 3 times the size of any bathroom we've ever had and I'm just not sure where to start. Would love to hear your ideas and wish lists!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do with blank slate?

If I do this right this is my inspiration pic or the tub/shower layout. Only without the slant ceiling or skylights

o

A blank slate is both exciting and intimidating, IMO. Here's a thread that is full of all kinds of things to consider.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best and worst decisions thread

o

thank you treasuretheday! that is a great thread and I added several items to my list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here