Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help on Bathroom Vanity Top!

Posted by cblanco75 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 15:25

I need some help on choosing a bathroom vanity top! I need suggestions on materials and colors. This is not a luxury build, so granite is not really desirable. I am thinking more cultured marble or solid surface. I have attached a rough "color palette". We have biscuit colored fixtures and the tile shown in the palette. The vanity color is the wood color in the palette. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help on Bathroom Vanity Top!

I just bid a 62" single bowl solid surface vanity with a cove back splash at $1,600.00 installed. You could get granite for that much but then you'd have granite. This top is to replace cultured marble which is essentially irreparable.

If you want to save money, it's hard to beat the new post formed HD plastic laminates.

o

Trebruchet, what is a "post formed HD plastic laminate"? I think laminates are a great option. The bathroom I just ripped out this summer had laminate for 40 years and it was in good shape. The color options are spectacular in the different lines I've seen.

o

Post forming is the process whereby plastic laminate is applied to the edge, top, and backsplash of a substrate, usually particleboard, simultaneously, so there are no seams.

HD stands for High Definition. Some of the new Wilsonart looks a lot like stone.

o

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a great option. Can an under mounted sink work with this type of counter?

o

Do you have Menard's where you live? If so, their Tuscany granite vanity tops are reasonably priced. I would NOT get cultured marble. It stains easily.

o

Have you looked at prefab granite countertops? There are beautiful tops available that are incredibly cheap. Also, there is a laminate that looks like calacatta marble that's really beautiful. I'll link to a photo of the laminate. It really is nice if that's your price point.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laminate calacatta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here