Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swentastic81

Way in over my head - HELP!

Ok so I must admit, I made a snap decision on some tile for my master bathroom. The price was right and in the store the colors were very pretty - sample ended up being slightly different than the actual thing. Now that the tile is installed, it looks more poopy brown than I was hoping.

Ok maybe not poopy, let's call it chocolate. Mocha? It looks redder in this picture than it actually is... I'll try to get another picture of the bathroom now that there is more tile in there.

The entire shower is tiled, and there is a 40" band of horizontal tiles running the perimeter of the rest of the bathroom. I ordered a natural colored teak vanity online - we're very limited by the style we can order because the plumbing needs to go through the floor. I really love the vanity but luckily its on backorder so I can cancel it if I need to.

Anyway, I'm struggling with how to bring this all together and have it not look disjointed or as unplanned as it was. Upon looking at paint swatches, I was thinking of pulling out some of the khaki/goldish tones in the floor (and some gold specks in the wall tile).

Also, I can change the hardware on the vanity if necessary - the rest of the house is chrome or brushed SS but I'm not really concerned with matching finishes since this is so isolated. Would consider doing all the fixtures and hardware in rubbed bronze if it would help.

Any advice or inspiration pictures you can offer that would help me work with this tile would be much appreciated. I love the luxe look of browns and creams and blacks and golds.

This post was edited by Swentastic on Mon, Oct 13, 14 at 15:05

Comments (3)