Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

Mongoct, others....will this plumbing work?

melissastar
10 years ago

What I want: Tub, showerhead and handshower system , which allows showerhead and handshower to be used either separately or together.

I've read the primer posts by Mongoct and as much else as I can find and have, I think, come correctly to the conclusion that what I need is either a thermostatic valve and three separate volume controls for the three outlets OR a pressure-balance valve and separate diverter with the correct number of ports.

What I am specifically now wondering about (IF my understanding is correct) is this: Can I get what I need by combining a tub/shower system with an pressure balance valve with integrated diverter (since I don't like tub spout diverters) and a four-port ( 1 in, 3 out) diverter? I'm assuming that this would work by sending water from PB valve to either tub or showers. If to the showers, the flow would go through a separate diverter, allowing either overhead alone, hand shower alone or hand shower and overhead together.

Logically, this makes sense to me...but, of course, I have no idea how any plumbing REALLY works and whether in real life that's a practical solution.

On a separate note, I'm seriously looking at Symmons faucets/valves...they seem to be well-made, long-lasting, well priced and reasonably attractive, if not sexy. The lovely all-brass Rohl stuff I had in a previous home is too costy for this project, and as near as I can tell, the Symmons are at least as well made as Grohe, Kohler, etc. Anyone know differently?

Comments (2)