Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will this vanity size work with my sconce placement?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 13:40

I found a vanity I like that is 38" wide. The sconces in the bathroom are set to be 34" apart from the outer edge of the electrical prep on one to the outer edge on the other. There are 4" of space on the wall before the first sconce's outer edge begins. Is this spacing ok for a 38" vanity, or should I choose another vanity? And, that's going to make for a narrow mirror, right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will this vanity size work with my sconce placement?

How wide are your sconces?

o

If you want the sconces centered over the vanity, you need one that's 42" wide - that would give you 4" on the outside of each sconce. If the vanity is in a recessed installation, the balance would be really important, I think. But if it's just open space to one side of the vanity, maybe it could work. You could do a mockup to see if the 38" vanity would look really out-of-whack with the sconce placement.

o

I don't have any sconces yet. The vanity does not come in 42"

o

There is wall to one side and a toilet on the other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here