Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath flooring

Posted by myrtle_59 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 13:26

For a variety of reasons, i am not crazy about the stiffness and hardness of a tile floor.

Are there any non tile, non stone materials suitable for a bath? I like the look of wood. Is there any decent looking wood look material suitable fir the wet environment of a small bath used daily ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath flooring

Some of the current vinyls are very plausible looking. I'm actually considering it for one bath here.

o

We had a hardwood-look vinyl floor in the apartment we were in while we built our house. I have no idea what brand it was, but it was a pretty good imitation visually.

o

Tile that looks like wood?

o

It does not have a wood look, but several people in the kitchens forum rave about their Marmoleum. I believe it is also suitable for a bathroom.

o

I had Marmoleum in my last house, master bath. Loved it because it feels great underfoot - kind of soft and warm.

o

Thanks everyone. I never heard of marmolean but i will look it up.

I dont want the hardness of tile or stone.

o

After rave reviews on vinyl plank flooring, I just purchased some for my bath in an oak pattern that is a very close match for the other floors in the house. We are still working on the subfloor repairs but I'll post photos when we finish if you are interested.

barbcollins used this flooring in her bath and raved about it, as have several others.

o

I would love to see a picture! What brand are you using.

o

I would love to see a picture! What brand are you using.

o

Myrtle, check out the flooring in this bath

Here is a link that might be useful: vinyl plank flooring example

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here