Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile to ceiling?

Posted by lisadlu (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 13:19

I have a very small shower/toilet room with 8' ceilings and keep going back and forth between tiling the shower up to the ceiling or stopping about a 1' short of the ceiling. My concern is the area is so small it will look odd to have it tiled all the way to the ceiling in the shower unless we carry that tile onto an adjoining wall (which I don't want to do because of cost). The room is only 60" x 77" and the shower runs the length of one wall (60"). I'm using a plain white 10x16 tile with a vertical 12"w accent stripe of pebble stone running down the shower head side of wall. And the same pebble stone for the floor. I'm going to use either a ceiling mounted shower curtain track with 12" hanging chains or just an old fashioned curtain rod. Opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile to ceiling?

I highly recommend tiling to the ceiling. I ran white faux marble 12x12 tile all the way to the ceiling in my fairly standard sized bathroom (maybe 6'x6') and it looks so much bigger than it did when the original tile stopped 1' from the ceiling. It draws the eye up and makes the shower look big.

o
RE: Tile to ceiling?

We have 8' ceilings too, and my little 3x4 shower looks and feels twice that size compared to the old 1970's ceramic tile one that it replaced that didn't go all the way up.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here