Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

How do you clean your marble floors?

msl511
13 years ago

I have committed to honed carrara floors in two bathrooms. One is getting 12 x 12 tiles, the other is getting herringbone. No marble in actual wet areas, as one has a bathtub only and the other is getting pebble flooring in the shower.

Everything will be properly sealed.

There's lots of advice out there about what to use to clean the marble and stone floors, but I'd like to know what you have found that works. Brand names, please. Method brand granite cleaner gets wonderful reviews everywhere I look for cleaning all sorts of stone, but the people at Method say not to use it on floors, as it will make them slippery. They do say that I can use their all purpose floor cleaner on marble floors. Also, I just looked at the bottle of Swiffer Wet Jet liquid that I currently use around the house on tile, wood and vinyl floors and it says it can be used on stone and marble floors. Any opinions from someone not trying to sell me something?

What gets the floors clean but doesn't ruin them?

And now that I've committed to the floors, should I be worrying about what I'm using in the rest of the bathroom? That is, worrying about stray droplets of spray from Tilex or Windex or Scrubbing Bubbles getting on the floor? If I switch everything over to stuff from Method am I just overpaying for the illusion that it's all somehow both gentler for the floors and more environmentally responsible or will those products really do a good job, be kinder to the environment and be kind to my marble (also make dinner and bring peace to the Mideast)?

Comments (2)