Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Make slate tile shiny?

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 19, 08 at 12:54

It looks so good when it's wet, and I thought, when we seal it, it'll look shinier; so did he. Today is the last day of our bathroom we've built from the ground floor up with your help! Yea! Thanks for the help settling little disruptions, but help us tweak it if you can!

-Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Make slate tile shiny?

If you want it to have a shine, look for a top coat sealer-- something like MIracle's Mira-Gloss.

o

Thanks, it helped. Now then, it's still not as "shiny" as I want. Is this just inherent from the tile or can I do more coats and it get better?

o

To SOME extent, it'll get better. You can't layer on 10 coats and expect to read the paper in the reflection! It wouldn't hurt to use another coat or two, though.

o

Thanks Bill, you're a darling! Now if you and Mongo were just here in person so you could talk to hubby in advance of the arguments... I could've avoided the vapor barrier fight, the sink fight (which he LOVES the height now, thanks to you Mongo)... and there wouldn't be so much dang concrete on the tub surround. I ended up teaching him how to grout after he stood over me, trying to tell me how to do it (eventually, I gave up and ended up letting him do it, then fixed his mistakes). And I also ended up teaching him how to properly drywall. He thought he knew so much, but when it comes to finesse, I'm the go-to gal (with a little help from my friends!) ;)

o

MY wife's like that, too. It's like the old one liner-- I knew I was marrying Mrs. Right. I just didn't know her first name was ALWAYS!!

Since then, though, I've learned the two most important words in the English Language-- YES DEAR!! :-) (doesn't mean I always MEAN em, but I know how ta say em!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here