Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neatdesign_gw

Reglazed bathroom questions!

neatdesign
10 years ago

Hi everybody,

I'm in the process of buying my first house. It has one full bathroom which the sellers reglazed -- the tub as well as all the wall tiles. It looks great, but I've never had a reglazed bathroom before.

I know that you have to be careful so as not to harm the finish, so no abrasive cleaners or brushes, and no suction cup bathmats, etc. I'm okay with that, but I have two questions:

1) I'm fairly certain that when the tub was reglazed, it wasn't treated to make the bottom skid-proof. This of course makes me worry about slipping and falling. If I can't use a suction bathmat, what do I use instead? The only thing that comes to mind is a cotton bathmat, but I'm not sure that would be much safer, to be honest.

2) I currently hold my shampoo, etc in a plastic bath caddy that sticks to the tile wall, similar to this one. Is THIS okay to stick on the reglazed tile wall?

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but when I was trying to find out about reglazed bathroom care, I found a site (by a company that does reglazing) that had a photo with this kind of caddy stuck to the tile wall -- on the same page where they were saying not to use suction cup bathmats! So I don't know what to believe.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and (hopefully) answer my questions!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz