Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Seeking suggestions for toilet roll holder

Posted by la_koala (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 11 at 11:30


I'd love some input on this. I'm having trouble getting a Google search to have results that match what I'm looking for, and I am stumped on how to narrow in on finding one. I'll take any and all suggestions, as they'll give me a place to start looking!

We're remodeling a small bathroom, and I want a toilet roll holder that isn't too wide and doesn't take up more space than it needs to for the paper roll. Some in the stores are on the order of 8 or 9 inches, which is so much longer than the tissue roll itself. Or else the holder is very pricey (why "shorter" = pricier is beyond me!)

My "specs":
- Not much longer than the paper roll needs to be (about 6 inches)

- Cost less than $70

- Rounded edges

- Double post (what the DH wants)

Any suggestions?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Seeking suggestions for toilet roll holder

Not familiar with double post - what do you mean? Holds two rolls? Horizontally or one above the other? Or does that mean something more along the lines that the post isn't spring loaded?

RE: Seeking suggestions for toilet roll holder

How about this very inexpensive ($13.94) t.p.holder from Amazon?
We got one for our small bathroom and are very happy with it. It's mounted on the underside of our floating butcherblock vanity next to our toilet. But you could mount it verticaly on a wall to save space. Another possibility, depending on the layout of your bathroom, might be this cute & different "paper pot" ($39)-
We have one that we use for kleenex & like it much better than the cardboard box the tissue comes in.

Good luck!

RE: Seeking suggestions for toilet roll holder

Hi olychick, yes, more along the lines that it's not spring-loaded. I only want it to hold one roll.

As far as I know, "double post" means the typical set up where the roll spindle ends meet a "post". :-) And the spindle is spring-loaded so you can insert it between the two ends. (As different from where one end is open, where you slip the tissue roll onto the bar. ) I use the term because one of the web sites used it to do filtering.

Hi patti1954, thanks for weighing in! I think that one is nice looking. I think my DH might veto it though, because of the open end. (I think he has visions of the roll jumping off the spindle and then not wanting to use it after it's hit the floor. He is very fastidious--even more than me!)

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here