Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on cabinet hardware

Posted by phxremodel (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 11:25

The hardware we had chosen for our bathroom cabinets has been discontinued in polished chrome. We have pc throughout the bathroom, faucets, robe hooks, towel hooks. The one place that has satin chrome is on our sconces by the mirror.

What would satin chrome cabinet hardware look like with polished chrome accessories? Should be keep looking for replacement hardware or stay with what we like and switch to the satin chrome?

Will try and upload a few photos.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on cabinet hardware

additional photo of cabinets

o

additional photo of the sconces

o

You could try polished nickel. Some hardware looks enough like polished chrome that you don't really notice it unless it's close to a piece with chrome.

Maybe go to Home Depot and just get a couple of knobs to see how they look in the room and try both.

o

If this were my bathroom, I'd stick with the polished chrome. There's so much out there--I would hope you could find another style you like. Your faucets are so shiny (I think we might have the same ones!) and I think more shiny would look best.

I do have a bathroom where I combined polished nickel pulls and knobs with polished chrome on everything else. I have to say, the nickel has not worn well. Wet hands, toothpaste hands--it has gotten quite tarnished. I would never do this combo again, at least in a bathroom.

Very pretty bath!

o

I think the brushed chrome and the polished chrome would go well together. The colors would be the same but the textures different. Can you get one pull and lay it on the counter and get a feel for its look over a few days? That is what I would do before investing in the whole set. I would not use polished nickel, as the colors are off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here