Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do your white bath fixtures match?

Posted by MizLizzie (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 11:11

Has anyone mixed manufacturers of white fixtures? I really want to use the American Standard "Town Square" fixtures in my powder revamp, but their new enclosed trapway toilet is just not to my taste. If I had pulled the trigger six months ago, when I should have done, I wouldn't be in this fix.

Anyhoo, now thinking of using the Town Square pedestal sink with the Kohler Memoirs toilet -- the regular one, not the stately version. I am happy with how the designs match. And white is white, right?

Or not?

Thanks, all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do your white bath fixtures match?

I mixed American Standard Studio sinks with a Toto Promenade toilet. All whites are not the same, though. The American Standard white is not as bright a white as some manufacturers. In particular, the American Standard white was a match for the Toto Colonial White. So, you do have to compare the colors of different manufacturers if you're looking for a color match.

o

Thanks, vickimp. I thought that might be the case. Glad you were able to match it up.

If anyone has combined AS with Kohler, I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

Thanks.

o

Just wanted to add that the showrooms I visited had sample cards showing the different colors available, so you could put the AS and Kohler cards side-by-side to see how the whites compare.

o

Sample cards are very helpful if there isn't a fixture for you to see in person, but since these two companies are popular and in most showrooms, just take the cover off a Kohler "white" toilet and put it on the seat of an American Standard "white" nearby. That worked for me.

-Babka

o

Genius idea on the cover! Thanks so much, folks. Off to the dreaded Fergusons . . . .

o

I'm not so fussy, maybe, but I've got an American Standard white tub/shower combo, a white Kohler Santa Rosa toilet, and a white Home Depot brand sink, all within a few feet of each other. I personally cannot tell if there's a difference in the "white".

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here