Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3-way timer for bath fan

Posted by petra_il (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 11:02

Hi everyone,

I would like to replace 3-way switches for a bath exhaust fan with a timer. The fan is 50W, no lights (we have a separate light fixture). I've seen Lutron Maestro timer (with a companion switch) and a similar Leviton LTB60 timer (with a remote switch) that would do the job. Wiring is not an issue, we can easily modify our existing system to provide neutral etc.

I like the simplicity of the Leviton timer, just simply push how long the fan should run and that's all. The question I have is: what happens when you turn on the Leviton remote switch? What setting does it use? The last used or the maximum?

What happens if the fan runs and the remote switch is turned? Does it stop the fan, resets the timing, or does nothing?

Any reason to prefer Lutron or Levitron?

I like the SmartExhaust type (turn on to start, then off with a preset delay) but haven't seen it made for 3-way applications. Is there something similar we could use as 3-way?

I posted this in electrical forum but thought that some of you might have one or the other installed and can help also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3-way timer for bath fan

Multi-Location Control

The Timer can be turned ON or OFF from any of the Vizia +® Remote

Switch locations. The default ON time when a remote is pressed to turn the load ON will be the last countdown time chosen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Instruction sheet

o
RE: 3-way timer for bath fan

Dang! I guess I missed that part ... thanks for pointing it out!

(going to hide for a while)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here