Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bath remodel -online carerra marble basketweave tile?

Posted by saintpfla (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 10:57

Hi Everyone,

I posted this originally over in kitchen forum by mistake. I'm getting ready to start a bath renno and have to buy my tile. The clock is ticking! Yipes!

I have not found a local resources that I like price-wise. I'm looking for something similar to this style plus white carerra marble subway tile for the bath surround. My house is a 1906 bungalow, so a small bathroom in size.

http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/uploaded_images/carrera_basketweave-778089.jpg

I've narrowed down to MS&T.com and also thebuilderdepot.com

I am in the Tampa Bay area. I just have not seen anything local...perhaps I've missed a resouce? One place wanted $25.99/sq ft which to me was insane...

My project starts on November 1st....yes, I'm under the gun!

Please help! Thanks! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bath remodel -online carerra marble basketweave tile?

saintpfla, we are doing pretty much the same tile. We found it at Lowes.

I took a quick look on lowes.com and this is what I saw:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_382305-27315-MS00683_0__?productId=3614404&Ntt=basketweave+marble+tile&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dbasketweave%2Bmarble%2Btile&facetInfo=

But at least two of the local Lowes sell this for approx $10-11 a sq ft. in individuals sq ft with mesh backing.

o

This will seem silly, but did you check Amazon?
They have it--

Here is a link that might be useful: marble basketweave

o

Thanks for the responses.

I have looked at Lowes and even seen it in person. It's nice tile. But, it's not 'polished' it's 'honed'. I'm looking for polished finish.

I did check Amazon as well. I was hoping to try a resource that others have used successfully in the past. It's a lot of money to just take a chance with an 'unknown' provider.

o

have you checked artwalk? I know they have lots of tile, but have not checked the site for marble/mosaics

o

I recently purchased carrara hex from thebuilderdepot.com. It ordered it on a Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday around noon. It was well packed and it looked much like the sample I received. The install is not complete, but the tile guy told me that he really liked it and thought the quality was good. I'm not sure that it is as pristine as some of the pricier marbles, but it gives me the look I want at a price than I can afford - less than 1/2 of the price of what I could get locally. Good luck!

o

Hi KFHL!

Thanks for the feedback! That's perfect! I fall within that 'spectrum' as well from a priceline.

Plus, I think when you choose a marble floor with a pattern, such as black&white basketweave, it gets difficult to tell the high-dollar from mid-range, anyway - unless you are a marble expert.

At least, to me it seems that way.....

I'm looking at around a $1000 spend overall between the bath surround and the floor, so I want to see if others have had positive experiences with the quality and service.

I just ordered a Sample tile from MTS (mosaic tile store). They're prices seem very good as well. It will be interesting to see what the product looks like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here