Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rainshower plus handshower for @ $700??

Posted by twingle (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 10:14

New to bathroom renos. I would like to get a Rainshower plus handshower system for my new tub. Are there any great quality systems for @ $700?? What ele do I need to buy? Valves? The things that you turn to turn water on & off? Are there brands to avoid? Are plastic parts a big no no ?? What do you have? Do you like/love/hate it?? Does the rainshower have good pressure??? Big thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rainshower plus handshower for @ $700??

When you say rainshower are you referring to the shower head (rainshower style) or the placement of the showerhead (shower head that descends from the ceiling)?

We have both a rainshower type shower head that extends from the shower arm on the wall as well as one that descends from the ceiling + a handshower. We rarely use the one that descends from the ceiling. We have a diverter valve that allows us to have just 1 of the three on, 2 of the three on or all 3 on at the same time. The water pressure does go down slightly when you turn on the 2nd and 3rd heads, but all are still easily usable. We really like our set up and wouldn't change it. Ours was the floor display as the finish was being discontinued so we got a great deal, but I think it ran ~$700 retail.

You will need valves, control trim kits, shower heads, diverter, handshower, elbow for handshower & either a clip or slide bar for the handshower (we went with the slide bar for greater flexibility)--I'm sure I'm missing something. We went with Delta. As far as plastic, the handshowers are usually plastic with the same finish as the control trim. If it was metal, you risk breaking tile/chipping the shower floor if it falls. Much cheaper & easier to replace the shower head. Pressure in the rainhead will largely depend on the water pressure in your house and how many other water sources are running at the same time.

Hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here