Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower door ?

Posted by denali_2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 7:33

We are redoing a tub to shower. The shower space is 60". What kind of shower door does everyone have? What do you have and recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower door ?

60x60? 30x60? 36x60? Where is the entry point--on a narrow end or on the 60" side? More details please.

o

We went with a Dreamline semi-frameless door that we bought from Overstock. The door swings out in the middle, with fixed panels on either side. (There are many models with the door at one end, but this was the configuration we needed.) It was about $600 - delivery was perfect and surprisingly quick - and we couldn't be happier.

Our contractor seemed to like it too. The door we chose had no slack for installation - the opening had to be exactly 58.25" - but he built out a tiny wall at one end (really just a 2x4, I think) and covered it with tile. It looks terrific. He told us some other door models do have an adjustable mounting bracket which you can move an inch or two to fit your space.

Here is a link that might be useful: our bathroom

o

suaanne
thank you for sending me to overstock Hadn't thought of that. I commented on your bath in another post. I liked your towel bar idea, and that bathroom is gorgeous.

Dreamhome sorry the dimensions are 60x 32 entry is on the long side and.

o

Don't hesitate to get a price from local glass companies. In our area you can get one custom made and installed for about what you'd spend for the overstock version.

o

Suzanne, your bathroom reno is beautiful, so safe and useful for your mom. We have the Coco 6035R heated bidet seat and absolutely love it. Your mother must love her new bath.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here