Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janealexa_gw

Please help w/backsplash! PICS!!

janealexa
12 years ago

Hello! I'd love to hear your opinion! Trying to make some decisions regarding the master bath backsplash. We will have faux travertine 20x20 tile - diagonal set on the floor, straight set on the master tub face/deck, then same tile straight set on the windowsills/master tub backsplash. We will have an Aquasana pre-fab steam shower so no tile there. In the water closet, there will be diagonal set tile on the floor.

Here are some pics of our tile, sample of cabinet stain, tan brown granite countertop, and a backplash we are considering (stone/glass mix):

Here are pics of the space I need help with, starting from left side of the space:

Hers side, lower makeup vanity will be on left, higher sink vanity will be on right:

Corner tub with windows:

His side:

OK here are my questions:

1. BACKSPLASH MATERIAL: WHICH DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

A. Should I use the stone/glass mosaic tile (AZ tile sample pictured above)with a travertine pencil liner?

Here is the concept:

traditional bathroom design by houston interior designer Carla Aston, Aston Design Studio

OR

B. Should I use the same faux travertine tile that is in the bathroom (also pictured above) cut to 4x12 with either travertine pencil liner or chair rail liner (liners are in 12 inch lengths)?

Here is the concept:

mediterranean bathroom design by san francisco design-build Harrell Remodeling

2. CONTINUOUS BACKSPLASH?

A. Should I continue the backsplash across the room (i.e. continuous from hers vanity area, to tub area, to his vanity)?

Here is the concept (although will be different in my case since I have 2 windows with low windowsills, backsplash would wrap into window areas)

traditional bathroom design by denver kitchen and bath Kelly Cross

OR

B. Should I just have the backsplash (either mosaic or 4x12 faux travertine tile) with pencil liner or chair rail liner just at the vanities, then backsplash at tub area would just be bullnosed faux travertine tile?

Here is the concept (see far right of picture how vanity backsplash does not continue at same height to tub area):

traditional bathroom design

3. HEIGHT OF TUB BACKSPLASH

If I DON'T do a continuous backsplash (i.e., I would just do backsplash (mosaic or 4x12 tile) with liner at vanities, then at the tub area the backsplash would be bullnosed faux travertine tile), how high should the backplash go?

This is how high our backsplash is in our current house with cultured marble:

{{gwi:1485792}}

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS! THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES