Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help! Fluid Faucets from SSi (Sustainable Solutions)

Posted by tamizami (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 1:35

hello -
i am new to this forum in posting but have found tons of great information here over the years. we are renovating our master bathroom (demo to the studs) and i am searching for a very modern shower system. i was very disappointed to find that the brizo siderna products i was interested in are a lot of plastic...but i don't think our budget will allow for something like graff. even hansgrohe axor line had a lot more plastic parts that i was expecting, especially given the price....

in any event, i came across a line today called Fluid and i have not heard of them and cannot find much info or reviews online. is anyone familiar with them? their literature says they use Fluhs cartridges in the volume controls and Vernet cartridges in their thermostatic valves. here is a link to their website:

http://www.sustainablesolutions.com/products/fluid_faucets/productlines542.php

my questions are:
1. is it crazy to consider a brand like this?
2. is it possible to use a bigger name brand thermostatic valve and control trim kit with a different brand handheld shower (kit) and showerhead?

thank you in advance for any feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
tami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help! Fluid Faucets from SSi (Sustainable Solutions)

We have a Fluid kitchen faucet. We bought it at an upper-end plumbing showroom on the saleswoman's recommendation. She told us the company makes excellent bath fixtures that they've carried for many years. The kitchen faucets are a new line. It is a Canadian company, but they are made in their plant in China. I didn't know that until the box arrived.

They had one attached to a water source so we were able to try it and it met our criteria. It's been installed for over a year and works great.

If you want to make a phone call and talk to a salesperson, the name of the showroom is Keller Supply Company. They are in nine western states.

o
RE: Please help! Fluid Faucets from SSi (Sustainable Solutions)

thank you for your information, may_flowers, i really appreciate the feedbac. i spoke with a rep from SSi today and i feel better about the showers and the thermostatic valves but still researching and hoping others will weigh in with their experience, especially with their new thermostatic valve showers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here