Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biancap_gw

Tiny Master Bath Remodel Pics

biancap
16 years ago

We recently finished remodeling our tiny master bathroom. My photography skills or lack of them don't do the bathroom justice. This was a challening project because the bathroom is really small but I totally love it now.

Kohler Purist Fixtures

Shower Wall Tiles: 18x18 Walker Zanger Groove Canvas ceramic

Accent Tiles: 4x2 and 2x2Lunada Bay Glass Tile Clear Silk & Pearl

Shower Floor: 2x2 Porcelein tile - Keraban?

Floor: 24X24 Limestone

Vanity & Linen Cabinet - custom made

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pics

Comments (19)

• donnay
    16 years ago

What a great use of space! I am in the early stages of my remodel. My bathroom is also a small space and I am struggling with placement.

I am curious of:
    - width of the vanity?
    - width and depth of your shower stall?
    - width of the nook of where your toilet sits?

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

You sure packed a lot into such a small space and it looks GREAT! That shower tile is very interesting looking. I don't think I've ever seen a texture/pattern like that. Would you mind sharing what brand of woven shade that is? I'm doing a blue/tan bathroom with a dark stained vanity and light granite as well :) Congrats on your lovely new bathroom!
    Monica

• biancap
    Original Author
    16 years ago

donnay - the width of my vanity is 29" and the depth is 19". I'll have to check the measurements of the shower stall and toilet area.

monicakm - the woven shade is by M & B and is is the Bandar Gold. M & B is the budget brand for Hunter Douglas.

• triscuit
    16 years ago

Your bathroom is fabulous. Is Groove canvas the exact name of the shower tile? It is the first tile I REALLY like, and I love the glass tile accents.

• biancap
    Original Author
    16 years ago

triscuit - It's called Groove and the color is Canvas. It's by Walker Zanger. Below is the link. It was the first tile I chose and I wasn't sure how it was going to look on the walls but it's beautiful. That's the tile that everyone seems to comment on the most.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walker Zanger Catalog

• houseful
    16 years ago

What a beautiful, serene small! Good job!

• houseful
    16 years ago

Sorry, I meant to say "space" not "small." In my head, I was thinking what a great us of a small space and that's what I typed. :)

• houseful
    16 years ago

"use" not "us" :)

• biancap
    Original Author
    16 years ago

donnay - I measured the toilet nook width and it is about 28.5". The shower is a neo angle one so I wasn't sure what you meant. The long side is 41", the pony wall side is 25", and the shortest side is 18".

Thanks everyone for the positive responses!

• patti_bee
    16 years ago

What a wonderful use of space and lovely choices. I know you'll miss the mildew from the previous shower, right? Lunada Bay tiles add a nice watery accent. Nice!

• tartanhabit
    16 years ago

Love that shower! I'm off to Walker Zanger right now in San Francisco. I hope I see a sample of Groove.

• joanp
    16 years ago

Beautiful, inspiring job in a small space. So glad to see that someone else also is dealing with a "postage stamp" size, like us!

• scbegonias
    16 years ago

biancap, what an inspiration! we have almost an identical layout in our 6x6 master bath (toilet nook and sink are flipped). what are the overall dimensions of your room? you give me hope for our little postage stamp bathroom!

• aard
    15 years ago

biancap - I love your bathroom! I'm laboring over a 7X7 bathroom remodel with a neo-angle. What size neo did you use? Do you have any advice re shower size vs. storage? (The link to "more photos" isn't working so I can't see the linen cabinet or toilet area...would you be able to repost the photos?) Thanks for your help.

• house_vixen
    15 years ago

I admired this when it came up in my search a few months back but never posted...with the bump I have no reason to hold back.

Love your materials and space planning -- it looks so soothing in there!

• chrystyne731
    15 years ago

Your bathroom looks great. Would you mind sharing the paint color and brand? Looks great with your tile!

• seatraveler
    14 years ago

Hi Biancap
    Could you give me the brand name and color of the paint on your bathroom walls?
    Thank you. Your bathroom is lovely.

• Karl_4311_biz
    13 years ago

Yep tiny bathrooms are a 'opportunity'! I couldnt find any good detailed info for a modern contemporary redo for both of my TINY 1965 UGLY cultured marble , linolium floored bathrooms. I set out on a mission and redid both (ripped EVERYTHING OUT). For a cost of 1 grand each I now have two bathrooms that never cease to get ohhs and ahhhs. Vessel sinks, glass waterfall faucets, real slate and travertine floors, sponged glaze walls, shower panel with massage jets, rain water shower head & hand wand, halogen lighting. I decided in the begining to document EVERYTHING. I put together a ebook with over a 150 photos and 100 pages of detailed instructions. It was a labor of love. In the end I have two one of a kind contemporary bathrooms that are not only a pleasure to look at they are damn fun to use. I picked a kinda goofy name for the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.bathroomdaddy.com

• sheliakallen_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

how expensive was the groove canvas? Did you use trim pieces on your knee wall?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!