Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amer. Std. deep soak overflow drain /Toto tub?

Posted by melissastar (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 0:14

Does anyone happen to know if I can use the American Standard deep soak overflow drain in a Toto Cast Iron 2515 tub? The tub seems the best option for me...right size and deeper than the usual, with an overflow that's already on the high side. It's not as deep as the Kohler Tea for Two, but the price is much prettier! I'm thinking with the deep soak overflow, it'll be nearly as deep and a savings (even considering the steep price of the overflow drain! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amer. Std. deep soak overflow drain /Toto tub?

Unless you are speaking of a standard depth tub with a standard overflow, the drains are proprietary for the specific deeper tubs and cannot be interchanged. The AmStd drain is specific to the AmStd tubs.

o
RE: Amer. Std. deep soak overflow drain /Toto tub?

That is not what american standard says, live_wire_oak:

the universal design fits most bathtubs

That drain is essentially a normal standard drain but with the overflow hole on top. It's not like the Archer drain from Kohler, for example.

You do have to put up with an ugly American Standard logo on the front plate, though, which is more prominent than appears in the online photos.

EDIT I would just email Am Stnd and ask them.

Here is a link that might be useful: deep soak

This post was edited by writersblock on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 15:10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here