Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
powder room photos

Posted by birdgardner (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 23:34

My first attempt at posting pictures, also was my first attempt at bathroom remodelling. I think the pictures are going to be grainy, sorry. A small space, 4'11 wide by 4'4 deep with 7'1 ceiling, no window. Tiling, carpentry, plumbing, electricity, painting and wallpaper are DIY. Cabinet is a little off-center because it is a door over the recess between studs and blocks.

Sink is the biggest pedestal they had at HD, because what else was I going to do with the space? It's nice to have a generous sink in a small bath, you can bathe a baby in it. Wallpaper is Thibaut's Augustine, my splurge. I was surprised how much it expanded the room visually. Total, less than $1000.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: powder room photos

okay, pictures are grainy and huge. A third the size would be better.

o

Very pretty and classic.. I am not usually a fan of wallpaper but yours looks lovely.

o

I love it!

o

Amazing DIY! Very well-done.

o

Very nice! I really like the wallpaper.

o

Precious!

o

Birdgardener the room is lovely. Makes me smile and makes me wonder about your bird garden. I bet it is lovely also.

o

Very nice! It's interesting that the wallpaper expands the room. I'd like to try that in my small bath. (We have similar tastes - I just bought that faucet).
Did you make the medicine cabinet door?

o

Yes I did, Maureen. There are mitered strips behind the frame you see, which reinforce the glue butt joints, as I have no particular joining skills or tools, and they hold the mirror. The mirror was picked up off the street and cut down.

My MB bath, which I'm doing now, is even smaller not counting the shower, and I got a bamboo wallpaper which I hope will have the same expansive effect. Will definitely post pics when done. It will be more contemporary in style.

Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here