Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmfromil

any pics/comments of offset bath faucet?

jmfromil
16 years ago

My latest powder room challenge is finding a sink/faucet for my 16 inch depth vanity. Yes, you read that correctly - 16 inches!!

Anyway, DH came up with the idea of an undermount sink (Elkay K2209) and installing a Grohe chiara neu single lever faucet in the 'corner' of the sink - offset to the back left corner (ie. at 10 o'clock). I hope I'm making sense. If anyone has pics of a faucet offset in this manner, it would be greatly appreciated. Comments are also welcome.

Comments (20)

• bigideaslittlefunds
    16 years ago

also like the idea... very unique.. Sometimes when we have a area that wont fit things in the traditional way we actually come up with a neater way --GO FOR IT -- start a new trend...

• kimeryl
    16 years ago

Ours are offset and it's just fine. I'll try to add a pic later today.

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement!! I will make a decision next week.

I look forward to your pic, kimeryl !

• vineyard
    16 years ago

jmfromil, have you considered this TOTO wall mount sink (LT650G):

We're doing this in our pool bath as I wanted to take up the least amount of space as possible (leaves more room for changing). I believe the depth is between 11" and 12". I'm not sure if you want to go that simple, but your idea sounds lovely as well!

• vineyard
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, I must have read your post too fast...now I realize you said you already had a 16" vanity. Anyway, at least the photo shows how an offset faucet looks! :p

• syllabus
    16 years ago

I'm anxious to see other comments & pics.

My current main galley style bath has a vanity that starts out at 14 1/2" & grows out to a standard 22" where the sink is. I would love to have the floor space that is now eaten up by the sink area & am trying to figure out sink options for one entire expanse of 14 1/2". DH will be custom building the new vanity & my job is to figure out how to get the largest possible sink. One option is to go w/ a wall mounted faucet.

I truely envy you your 16"!!

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

vineyard, that is a beautiful sink - love the clean lines! Thanks for posting the pic, but yes I'm using a vanity so I can store the toilet paper, liquid soap refill, cleaning supplies and a bowl brush underneath.

syllabus, your 'envy of my 16 inches' had me laughing out loud. Here's one pic I found with an offset faucet. http://elkayusa.com/catalog/sinks/product.asp?product_id=208 and one pic of a pretty small oval sink http://elkayusa.com/catalog/sinks/product.asp?product_id=1365

Good luck with your projects! :)

• kimeryl
    16 years ago

Okay, here's an attempt at providing the promised photo. I hope it work! It was difficult to get a good picture because each of our vanities are fully enclosed - there's not much space. Hope this helps!
    Kim

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

kimeryl, I love it! Thanks for taking the time to post the pic. I feel better about doing the offset faucet. I'll take pics when it's done. (It will be a while because the kitchen is being done first and we're in week 3.)

Thanks again!

• littlealexa
    16 years ago

I have an offset faucet in the powder room also. I love it, according to the PO the remodeling took place in the late '70s. The vanity itself isn't pretty, but the sink is cute. Once I finish transforming it, I will post pics. The reason that it was done this way was the the laundry shoot was in the way. The powder room has access to the laundry shoot that goes to the basement, thru the mirror. I open the mirror and drop down the clothes. Anyway, I love my offset faucet and if I were to do a major remodel. I would have it offset, people like it and comment about it all the time. Good luck, I'm sure you will have no regrets.

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad to hear you love your offset faucet. I'm looking forward to seeing your transformation. :) And your laundry shoot thru the mirror sounds cute, too.

We have a laundry shoot from the second fllor to the basement, but the shoot comes out behind the furnace! Needless to say we've never used it. :)

• heimert
    16 years ago

What about a wall mount faucet?

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I guess I'm an old dog and hadn't really 'shopped' for it. Since we have a time issue, we're going with the offset faucet set-up. But thanks for posting, heimert. I'll post pics when it's done.

• karencon
    16 years ago

Here's mine..........
    {{gwi:1484724}}

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh it's beautiful! I also like your fingertip towel holder. Thanks for posting the pic.

Now that I feel comfortable with the off-set faucet position - I wish I could pick my kitchen backsplash and island pendant lights. :)

• worthy
    16 years ago

And a couple more:

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh worthy, thank you! ...... But now I just realized I need to pick out a mirror. :) Will the decisions never end? lol

• fnmroberts
    16 years ago

We updated our Powder Room last fall. We only had 19" and needed to modify faucet placement to install a vessel. By offestting the faucet, we picked up 2". Photos are linked from "My Page".

Have you considered a wall mounted faucet?

• jmfromil
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks to everyone who responded. Here's our final product.

It's functional and we are very happy with it. :) And I'm including pics of the single piece Kohler Memoirs toilet I agonized over.