Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting cast iron sink?

Posted by zeitgast (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 23:11

Hi

We are putting in a trough sink in the kids bathroom at our beach shack. We chose the cast iron Kohler Brockway which comes with a black underside.

I've seen lots of great painted ones on the web (see link below) and was wondering if anyone has any experience painting cast iron sinks or tubs. I've heard that oil-based paints work well and also heard that powder coating works. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted Brockway sink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting cast iron sink?

Very cute sink. Call Kohler. They have always been helpful when I've had questions about their products. Otherwise I have no experience with painting cast iron. Years ago I lived in a house that had the outside of the claw foot tub painted.

o

Good idea thx

o

Good idea enduring. I just notice they have some pictures of painted Brockways on their website. Thx

o

You are very welcome :) I bet there is some paint that is specially useful for these conditions. I would think that the paint would have to tolerate quick temp changes. Epoxy paint???

o

zeitgast, please post the answers you find, as well as your results. My bathroom with a Brockway is a year or more in the future, but I am deep into planning already. I can't wait to see yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here